Facility Assessment and Consulting
Children need well-designed spaces to promote active learning and, in an industry challenged to retain experienced teachers, facilities can contribute to a positive work environment, enhancing job satisfaction. Qualistar Colorado’s free Facility Assessment and Consulting service makes it easier for early care and education programs to plan for short-term and long-term facility improvements.
Thanks to generous funding from the Boettcher Foundation, Qualistar is offering nonprofit early care and education programs in Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties free Facility Assessments and Consultations.
How It Works
Each Facility Assessment is conducted by a member of Qualistar’s assessment team who is reliable on the Environment Rating Scales. We’ll work with you to schedule a convenient time to visit your program and assess the facility. During the follow-up consultation session, Qualistar shares the results of the Facility Assessment and will recommend changes that can improve safety and accessibility, make a space more conducive to learning and enhance employee satisfaction. Our team can share resources and help you plan for and prioritize facility improvements.
Inspired by the Environment Rating Scales, the Facility Assessment examines:
- Overall Safety, including evaluation of internal and external spaces to ensure the safety of both children and staff.
- Facility Access, including compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act standards for external and internal access to the facility.
- Adequate Supervision, including the evaluation of the layout of classrooms and amenities and the configuration of outdoor play spaces to optimize adult supervision.
- High-quality, safe learning environments can boost a program’s Colorado Shines rating.
- Understand requirements and plan for playground safety upgrades.
- Results from the Facility Assessment and Consultation can help a program strengthen its application for Qualistar’s capital improvement grant program.
- Complimentary consultation that can inform your program’s strategic plan.
What Comes Next?
Programs are encouraged to apply for one of Qualistar’s capital improvement grants to help cover the cost of facility improvements. Past grant-funded projects have included parking lot resurfacing, new lighting, energy efficient windows and room expansion.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and to schedule your Facility Assessment and Consulting.
If your program does not meet the eligibility qualifications but you would like to participate, please email email@example.com and Qualistar can make arrangements to provide this service at a low cost.