Colorado T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships
T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® provides comprehensive scholarships for coursework leading to degrees and credentials in early childhood education. More than just a scholarship program, T.E.A.C.H. is an important tool for providing low-income child care workers with an opportunity to improve their education, increase their earnings, and work toward self-sufficiency. In addition, numerous research studies have linked the education level of early childhood teachers with higher-quality care and improved outcomes for children. Qualistar Colorado has administered the T.E.A.C.H. program in Colorado for the past 17 years, for the benefit of 2,000 educators and more than 200,000 children.
Colorado T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® currently provides eligible ECE professionals with scholarships that include:
- 90 percent of the tuition
- Book reimbursement and travel stipend
- Bonus upon successful completion of coursework
- Paid release time to attend classes (in some cases).
Scholarship recipients commit to successfully completing all coursework, and to remaining at the sponsoring center for six months to one year following the scholarship year. This requirement has improved retention in the early childhood field; while we know that there is a high rate of turnover in this field, averaging 30% annually, among T.E.A.C.H. recipients, the average rate is 6% for associate degree scholarship recipients and 0% for bachelor’s degree scholarship recipients.
Who Benefits from the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Program?
- Increase knowledge and skill level by enrolling in educational classes.
- Receive increased compensation for the completion of their coursework.
Child Care Programs
- Programs are able to maximize their staff development budgets
- Experience reduced turnover, improving the quality and marketability of a program.
- Consistent care is available and children are able to establish more relationships with providers who are committed to the field.
- Benefit from the specialized training their provider has received. These providers have a better understanding of child development and are more sensitive to the needs of young children.
Colorado T.E.A.C.H. Program Impact
Please download ou annual reports to learn more about the profound impact T.E.A.C.H. has had on the early childhood industry in Colorado each year.
Currently, T.E.A.C.H. programs are offered in 22 states throughout the country.
Please Note: This particular program is open to Colorado residents only. If you are from another state and are looking to see if your state has a T.E.A.C.H. program, contact the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center .
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado is a licensed program of Child Care Services Association.