Early Childhood Wellness
Childhood obesity is a nationwide epidemic, and Colorado has one of the fastest rising childhood obesity rates in the nation. To help reverse this trend, Qualistar’s Healthy Child Care Colorado Program is expanding its wellness pilot program to help more providers support the health and well-being of children, families and staff with free wellness tools.
Qualistar's Early Childhood Wellness Program
Based on the “Let’s Move Child Care” campaign and with funding from The Colorado Health Foundation, Early Childhood Wellness Program provides access to and guidance using free and low-cost tools to improve children’s nutrition, increase physical activity, engage family members, create healthy and easy school menus, and implement a staff wellness policy.
After a pilot program in 2014, Qualistar is looking for 20 additional early childhood education programs to participate.
- $100 gift card for classroom materials.
- Wellness plan for children and staff
- Continuing education credit for staff who complete approved trainings. Select trainings count toward Colorado's PDIS and align with Colorado Shines.
- Free family engagement workshop
- I am Moving, I am Learning
- Cooking Matters
- Customized parent engagement workshop
Who is Eligible?
Only licensed child care centers are eligible.
Eligible centers will serve toddlers and preschool children. Valuable infant information will be learned, but best practices will only be applicable to toddler/preschool populations.
Applications are no longer being accepted.